Job Description: Construction Manager
Reports to: Executive Director Job Summary
This part-time position is responsible for the overall construction and rehab programs of HFH.
Responsibilities include the management of the construction of two or more houses per year from planning to permitting and through the final completion of punch list items.
Primary duties include:
- Supervise all aspects of construction projects,
- Work with House Crew Leader or other staff to plan big build work days/groups,
- Work with skilled and unskilled volunteers and Federal Prison Camp,
- Work closely with building committee/attend meetings, and
- Report to the executive director/attend weekly meetings,
- Coordinate all work of professional contractors,
- Ensures that a safe construction environment is maintained in accordance with OSHA, the Cities and Counties in our service territory, and HFH regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Suggests potential advantageous building practices and material cost savings opportunities to executive director,
- Supervises all site preparation and layout,
- Supervises job sites on each designated workday and works with construction staff to ensure construction is accomplished in accordance with approved permits and plans,
- Evaluates and implements good safety practices and constantly stresses same with volunteers, and partner families,
- Supervises and/or performs all homeowner warranty complaints and repairs,
- Implements current construction site safety manual and policy, safety precautions, and training of staff and volunteers in appropriate safety measures,
- Volunteers and Partner Families
- Trains volunteers,
- Treats Partner Families, volunteers, and Federal Prison Camp with respect and dignity; strives to make their construction involvement meaningful,
- Understands elements that contribute to successful volunteers and helps ensure that volunteers have a consistently good environment thus motivating them to return,
- Anticipates problems and issues typical of this ministry and personally acts on same if necessary to help ensure schedules are met and work plans enabled,
- Ensures that communications to volunteers and partner families are accurate and timely,
- Works with House Crew Leader or other staff to prepare for volunteer workers at designated work site,
- Meets all long and short term goals established by the Executive Director and construction committee.
- Other Duties as Assigned by the Executive Director
- Supervise architectural draftsman,
- Coordinate all professional contract labor,
- Intimate knowledge of City and County building codes.
Required Skills / Experience / Physical Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the construction/contracting business,
- Team building a real plus,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with volunteers and homeowner families.
- An absolute commitment to job safety,
- Must be willing to understand the big picture of the HFHA ministry and know that construction is only a part of the larger goal,
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Work will require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions,
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
To apply click on Employment Application.