Are you a homeowner in need of home repairs? Habitat for Humanity Clay & Yankton Counties Home Repair Program offers assistance to qualified seniors, veterans, and families to help alleviate health, safety, and code violations. This program is part of an ongoing effort to meet Habitat’s mission that everyone deserves a simple, decent, affordable place to live. As with all Habitat programs, this offers “a hand up, not a hand out”
- Home must be owner occupied within HFHCYC affiliate area
- Household income must be below current maximum income limits listed below
- Proof of a stable monthly income is required
- Applicant must provide proof that mortgage is current and not at risk of foreclosure.
- Applicant must provide proof of up to date property taxes
- Applicant must show proof of homeowners insurance
- (or letter stating requested work is required to reinstate.)
- Willingness to pay for the cost of repairs through a low interest loan.
- Application Process – Application that has been completed in its entirety has been filled will be reviewed by the Family Service Committee to determine qualifications.
- Home Evaluation – Completed by Habitat construction staff and a Habitat Building Committee representative.
- Signing of Partnership Agreement – Outlining work being completed by Habitat and responsibilities of both parties.
- Schedule Construction – to be determined by construction staff and will include completion of sweat equity hours
- Signing of Closing Documents – A Promissory Note will be signed once the final cost of repairs is determined. Repayment will be based on the cost of repairs and the household income.
- Repayment – is determined by the household income and the cost of the project to be repaid over a designated period of time outlined in the Promissory Note.