The Retail Specialist primarily responsible for day-to-day type retail related operations of the Habitat for Humanity Clay and Yankton Counties (HFHCYC) ReSale Store through positive community relations. Additionally, the Retail Specialist is responsible for profile enhancement including volunteer coordination, education and advocacy, community and resource development, and marketing and publicity. The Retail Specialist must understand and be committed to carrying out the mission, providing administrative and fundraising support, and serving as a HFHCYC representative for community functions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Public Relations. Develop public relations activities in support of the ReSale Store and other fundraisers. Procure monetary and “in-kind” donations from local businesses and public support of fundraising efforts. Establish and nurture good media relationships.
- Education & Advocacy. Develop plans, activities, and materials to engage groups and individuals in supporting Habitat to solve the problems of poverty housing.
- Assists with monthly account reconciliations and accounts payable.
- Resale Store. Provide overall supervisory leadership for the Resale Store in accordance with the directives, policies, and objectives set by the affiliate board of directors.
- Attends and provides support at all ReSale Store committee meetings
- Responsible for adhering to a pre-established ReSale Store budget
- Maintains inventory of merchandise for sale
- Customer Service assisting with merchandise, clarifying policies, resolving disputes, answering phones and greeting customers
- Provides support and leadership to volunteers
- Prepare appropriate space for incoming items; facilitate the logical and attractive display of merchandise
- Prepare account receivables and payables
- Maintains data base of donors and volunteers
- Processes gifts, prepares and sends thank you notes, donation receipts and pledge reminders
- Provides daily administrative support including answering phone, mail, distribution and filing
- Helps Executive Director and Executive Assistant create and execute an annual campaign plan and other yearly event planning
- Performs related duties as required but not articulated
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, email systems and web research
- Quality customer service, time management, leadership and team skills
- Work values should reflect that of a Christian housing ministry
- Ability to take initiative on tasks, anticipates and sets priorities, and meets deadlines
- Ability to keep highly sensitive personal and financial information confidential
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to delegate work and instruct volunteers
- Must be detail-oriented and possess ability to multi task
POLICY LEVEL IMPACT:
- Must comprehend legal matters related to affiliate operations. Informs and supports the board of directors in developing and implementing an overall risk management strategy which includes insurance, business practices and ongoing assessment liability.
- High School Diploma required. Experience in retail, marketing, sales, construction or any combination of education and experience necessary to fulfill the job requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Must be willing to work in the warehouse which is subject to heat, cold and dust.
- Must have the ability to travel when needed, which requires a valid driver’s license, insurance and access to a vehicle
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: This is a full-time position of up to 40 hours of work per week with occasional Saturday and evening hours
To apply complete attached job application below or stop down to 218 Capital in Yankton to pick up an application.